Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spring Cleaning in January

Hello Ladies,

I have been doing a lot of Spring Cleaning the past few days ~ yes, I know it is January ~ but, I am in the mood for some cleanliness and organization!! Anyone with me???

The children went through some crazy growth spurts recently and I needed to go through their clothes ~ which lead to going through all their drawers and closets. So, instead of just doing that I am Spring Cleaning the whole house. And I love it!!!

I know that what I am doing doesn't fall into the full “technical definition” of Spring Cleaning ~ but, what else can I call it? The January fall out? Blizzard Work? The New Year Organizing Special?

I know what you are thinking ~ she really is crazy and you would be right!! You get a prize ~ have a Hershey Kiss! Mmmm :o)

So, why BLOG about this...cause I thought you would get a kick out of my reason for not being on the computer much, also, hopefully to inspire you to do the same.

There is something about cleaning like this that is therapeutic for me ~ and I have to believe that I am not the only one. I do not like just “having things” ~ that makes me feel wasteful. Also, someone else may really need it, so, if I’m not using it then I like to give it away.

Also, I love my closets in order ~ everything in their place and easy for me to find. I am not trying to be a control freak in my home, but, I am the one that everyone comes to to ask where something is. And with being organized I don't have to think about it! So you can call me lazy instead of controlling :o)

Here is a scripture that I love, love, love!

1 Corinthians 14: 40 (NKJV) Let all things be done decently and in order.

I know that this scripture is in the context of people prophesying and speaking in tongues in the midst of the church ~ however ~ it does say all things. So, I am taking the liberty of saying that it is a good thing to have things in order because it helps me to do things in an orderly way. OK, maybe that is reaching and so maybe if my things are in order that frees my mind so I can then be able to function in a Godly capacity when I am with the church. Maybe??? Maybe???

I would love to know your thoughts on this, because I could go on and on with a few more scriptures as well :o) but I won’t. I do ask that you go away and ponder these questions: how do you feel when things are in disarray? How do you feel when they are in order? If you like things in order, does it really free your mind to do God’s will in your life? If things are in disarray, do you feel anxious?

These were just a few questions to get you thinking about this for yourself and so I hope you really took your time with them and answered them as honestly as possible. God doesn’t want us hindered in our walks and so I pray that you are inspired to get rid of clutter in your life so that you aren’t hindered.

God bless you sistas!
Love you ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment