Monday, January 25, 2010

The past few days

Good morning Ladies!

What are you waking up to today? What are you faced with? Were you given some great news and you are floating on cloud nine in thanksgiving? Have you been given some bad news and are reeling with questions and maybe a tinge of fear or a feeling of hopelessness is also in the mix?

Our God, our heavenly Father, and our Daddy ~ He loves you.

I have had quite a week and weekend. This is what was going on and the reason for my Blogging absence…I need to get back in the groove and it has been hard…please forgive me!

• Thursday ~ I went to my women's small group and we had a time of sharing about life and we ended up staying and just being together for the afternoon before we had to part and get our children off the bus. I had enough time after this to make a nice meal for the family and pack my bag to go to another meeting. I didn't get home till very late. At this meeting we leaders were encouraged to bear one another's burden's in prayer and in sharing the Word of God with the one's we are leading ~ not us carrying their loads and doing the "work" for them. A leader can't be anyone's "rescuer" ~ Jesus is the only one who can do this. And if we think about it this applies to all people in our lives, our husbands, children, family members and friends. Problem ownership is what this is called ~ very interesting and good stuff.

• Friday ~ right after getting the older children off to school, I had to go to 2 meetings. 1 was for school and the other for Namesake Ministry “stuff”. They were both fun and very productive, but I did not get home till it was time to pick up my son from PS and then go home to make dinner and leave again. My oldest had a Jazz Concert at school ~ this was the best concert they had in my opinion ~ it was awesome!! Way to go Zakk!!! I also had the talk with Zakk about our loss of twins and our single baby. It was heard to say and hard for him to hear ~ but it was good and the timing was right and God was glorified in it. “Why tell him then?”, you may ask...because of Saturday

• Saturday ~ I was on the radio. WORD FM 101.5 on the Let's Talk Show. (If you would want to hear it you can at their website – the whole day was about emotional healing) I was a guest in the 3rd hour and they invited me in to share about my miscarriages and what I am doing with the healing I received from these losses. With my children knowing I was on the air, the oldest needed to know why so that the younger one's would not listen ~ and that is why I needed to tell him Friday night. They all wanted to hear Mommy on the radio...but we hadn't had the talk about our losses with them ~ they happened before their births. We ended up getting home right before it was time to go to turn around and go to church.

• Sunday ~ we needed to go to both services and it was quite a day. I saw so many sistas and heard how life is going for them. Many moments of prayer. My sistas are going through some very tough stuff right now. We got home from church had lunch, I helped prepare dinner...hubby wanted to cook and then I left again to take the oldest to youth group. Another late night getting home.

So this all brings us to today. I woke up thankful to have air in my lungs and hope in my soul.

Hebrews 6:19a (NKJV) This hope we have as an anchor of the soul,

Our God is mighty to save ~ it does not matter the situation or circumstance. He is with us and He loves us ~ boy that means soo much to me. I pray you have a blessed day in Him ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment