Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a great Christmas Season!

Was it blessed & restful and not stressful?

My Christmas was very restful. My children and husband were off together ~ this does not happen often. We had a lot of fun. I was even able to go on a few dates with my man!! SOOO nice!!!!

Christmas was also a little hard for me...a lot of growing pains. I have been preparing for some different teachings for this new year and God has been working some things out in me first ~ I was going through what I like to call a growth spurt. Some things are hard to "see & face" and others are easier ~ kind of like when our children are growing they can have pains in certain areas of their body, they eat a lot and even sleep a lot.

It is funny how when you are in the midst of these growth spurts you can see clearly that this is good for you and that it is for a purpose. The hard thing is that you don't always know the purpose. *sigh* Sometimes I think that I would be able to endure better if I knew why...and then I remember...somethings I can't know the why because I would miss a lot of the little nuggets of truth that I need to learn and the strength that needs to grow in my soul. Does this make sense???

Read this scripture and may we be sistas who grow not sisters who fall.

2 Peter 3:17-18 (Amplified Bible) Let me warn you therefore, beloved, that knowing these things beforehand, you should be on your guard, lest you be carried away by the error of lawless and wicked [persons and] fall from your own [present] firm condition [your own steadfastness of mind]. But grow in grace (undeserved favor, spiritual strength) and recognition and knowledge and understanding of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (the Messiah). To Him [be] glory (honor, majesty, and splendor) both now and to the day of eternity. Amen (so be it)!

I am very excited for 2010. What is God going to do? Who is He going to save? Who is He going to heal? What relationships are going to be restored? What attitudes are going to be changed? What are we going to learn? Are we going to draw closer to Him through this year or push Him aside? Sooo many more questions...sooo little space.

I want to draw closer to Him...Daddy, I thank You in Jesus name that You are with me...that You will never leave me or forsake me...I thank You that whatever happens this year You love me and nothing can separate me from that love...thank You for keeping me in the palm of Your hand...I love You and am so thankful that You will for me a future and a hope. Please help me to grow in You, and to walk in You. Be glorified in my life...in Jesus precious name. Amen.

Happy New Year sistas ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment