Saturday, January 2, 2010

Godspeed

So it is Day 2 of 2010...how is your year going so far? Are you still trapped in 2009?

Yesterday was very interesting for me...I found myself fighting off some of the same stuff as last year. The same things that tried to bring me down mentally last year tried to attack me yesterday.

Does that ball dropping really make all things different? The starting of a new year & new decade ~ does that really make things new? What about that saying that today is a new day?

Only God can truly make all things new (see Revelation 21:5) but we can do our part. What we help God? No, we help ourselves live for God and glorify Him. Wait...LK has gone crazy again. No, she is just having a little fun :o) and referring to herself in the 3rd person...ahhh...crazy :o)

You see, we must change our perspective on things. If we allow negativity to rule our minds then we will not have the life He wants for us. Negativity breeds fear, doubt, anxiety, and sometimes it paralyzes us ~ all these things are the opposite of walking in faith. God wants us living a life abundant and free...one that shows His love and is a light for others to come to know Him.

Lamentations 3:22-24 (Amplified Bible) It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him.
Genesis 24:12 (Amplified Bible) And he said, O Lord, God of my master Abraham, I pray You, cause me to meet with good success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham.

These scriptures in action helped me to have the victory over "last years news". I sat with my hubby and we talked. It was amazing to have someone to talk it out with who knows me so well and really cares ~ and still loves me ~ getting it out of my head was the first step and then my mind raced with scriptures and His peace flooded my soul. Thank you Daddy for Your faithfulness!!

So the title is Godspeed...a definition I found for this is...to thrive or to prosper. {I wish that God may speed you OR I wish that God may bless you with success.}

This is my prayer for each of you sistas...whatever you are facing that is "last years news" I pray that our Daddy comes and speeds you...that He blesses you with success.

Do you have a close sista friend to talk to? Where you can pour your heart out and know she will not judge you or think any less of you? Someone who will not just listen, but right after pray and encourage you with the word of God. If you do not have one...you need one...we need each other to walk this journey of life...bare naked honest with each other and speaking the truth in love and encouraging with God's precious words of life ~ that is a real sista friend.

Godspeed sistas...He loves you so much & so do I!
Laurie Kay

1 comment:

  1. Thanks LK! I have read this blog over and over. This subject is so applicable right now. It is so wonderful to be able to refer back to this and know that God is faithful, everyday. Thanks again, love ya'
    Toni

    ReplyDelete