Monday, January 4, 2010

Wisdom from Dumbo

Yes...you read that correctly. We are going to get some wisdom from the movie Dumbo. {thank you lil sis for the plaque...I love you}

"The very things that held you down are going to carry you up."

Think about that for a moment and let what was meant sink in. His ears were holding him back...nobody liked him because of them ~ except his mother and later a mouse. He wasn't allowed to do any "cool" things in the circus like the other elephants. Do you remember all the trouble with his ears? Do you remember all the good that came from his ears?

I will leave you hanging to go and find out for yourself the good that came...we are just going to focus on the biblical principal we can get out of this statement.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (Amplified Bible) But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).

I love this version most of all. It is so much easier to understand what was really meant that "when I am weak, then I am strong". I made bold the parts that I would like you to focus on...please go back and reread the scripture.

What are you facing today sister? Hurt over a death? Depressed about a relationship or lack of one? Seeking healing? Struggling to stay afloat financially or concerned about job stability? Meanness of so called friends? Peer pressure? Whatever you are facing ~ He is facing it too...He is standing by your side.

He will never leave you nor forsake you...up above it says that the power of Christ will pitch a tent over and dwell upon you...that is amazing...He pitched His tent...He is there for however long it's going to take...He has been with you and shall remain there. You are very important to Him and so is what you are facing.

Do you see how much you are loved? His love is everlasting, unchanging, and never failing towards you and by the way...nothing can separate you from that love...nothing! Those things that held you down are going to be what causes you to be carried up...He works all things together for good for His little girls!

Send up some praise and thanksgiving to your Daddy...He loves you...you are His little princess!

Enjoy your day ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment