Sunday, January 3, 2010

New day ~ no mistakes ~ yet??

Hello and Happy January 3rd to ya!!

I am a fan of Anne of Green Gables ~ the books and the movies. A very dear friend of mine tried to get me to watch the movie...I fell asleep. She tried again...and I fell asleep. She tried yet again...and I fell asleep. She tried one last time and I watched the whole movie and wanted to watch it again...even the beginning which for me seemed rather slow. I understood why they made the beginning that way...it just seemed S L O W the first 3 times I tried to watch it. I also was working 3rd trick and was tired all the time :o) (Thanks KP for sticking it out and making me watch it...love you!!)

Look at this quote...it goes along with what I was trying to share yesterday in Godspeed about each day being new. "Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet? (Anne Shirley)" ~ L.M. Montgomery {Anne of Green Gables}

Lamentations 3:22-24 (Amplified Bible) It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him.

So true! Our God is so amazing, don't you think? We can have a fresh start each and every day. I need one...how about you? Are there things you do that you keep doing even though you keep resolving to "not to anymore"? Things like: smoking; gossiping; not submitting to your husband or letting him lead your family; cussing; screaming at your children...and on and on.

What about the things that you "want to add" to your life like: loosing weight; eating healthy; exercising; making time with God a priority; reading the Word outside of church; praying for people that you tell you will pray for them ~ right when they ask; family time; organize the house; free up your schedule...and on and on.

Hey wait a minute though...it is not just every day for that fresh start it is right after we mess up...like the second after. All we have to do is run to our Daddy right away. If it is something that we need discipline for then we still need to suck it up and run to Him...take our discipline with the knowledge that we are His daughters. Remember in Hebrews 12:3-11 it talks about how God chastening us is proof that we are His and He does it for our good. He is a good Daddy all the time...not just when He blesses us, heals us ,or answers our prayers.

Hebrews 12:12,13 (NKJV) Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.

This last scripture shows us what we ought to do after the discipline...we should walk in His ways...we should repent. Somethings are very hard to "make straight" and that is when we need to keep asking Him for strength, wisdom and discernment. He is your present help in time of need.

I pray you are encouraged to walk in His ways...to make straight the things you made crooked. Remember it is for your good that you were corrected...you are His little princess...His baby girl...and He loves you sooo much!

Have a blessed day with your Daddy ~ love you sistas!!
Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment