Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Go ahead ~ ask Him!

Today I missed a meeting with some girlfriends...2 are having medical tests tomorrow and we were all gathering together to pray for them. I was unable to go because of a "house issue" and needed to be here for the repair man. I sent these 2 scriptures in my email about why I couldn't go and felt I should share them with you all as well.

{I don't normally put in the verse # or have them separated...but today they looked too squished and so I did it a new way...hope it is helpful.}

1 John 5:13-15 (Amplified Bible) 13. I write this to you who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) the name of the Son of God [in the peculiar services and blessings conferred by Him on men], so that you may know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that you [already] have life, yes, eternal life.

14. And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us.

15. And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him.

James 5:15-16 (Amplified Bible) 15. And the prayer [that is] of faith will save him who is sick, and the Lord will restore him; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

16. Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].

What is going on today ~ what are you facing? Go ahead ~ ask Him!

Daddy loves you so much & so do I!
Laurie Kay

1 comment: