Friday, June 5, 2009

Sista Friends ~ Show me the love!

I have been walking with some girlfriends on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. We walk for a 1/2 hour and then we do a full body weight workout and then walk about 12 min back to our cars...kids in strollers, and dogs on leashes for the walking and playing at the playground during the weights.

This has been such a blessed time! My children love the play time and I am getting some exercise.

I am thankful for these sista friends getting there and walking with me...it is so motivating knowing that I will not have to workout alone. Thank you girls ~ (AK, KK, JG, TL, MT) ~ I love ya!!

You know...the best thing is that I am the last one in the walking line (me and my double stroller) and they do circles to come back to me so I will not be alone...now that is love!!

You sweet girls make me think of a very important scripture...

1 John 3:18 (NKJV) My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

They do not just tell me that they love me ~ they show it. Now this is a small way in which these girls show me their love...but it means soo much to me. They have said to me that it is nothing and it is great for them to get some extra mileage...but to me it means the world...I am not alone!

I will Blog about these sistas again at some other times...they have showed their love to me and others in soo many other ways. Ways that are noteworthy and inspiring.

So, with what these sistas are doing for me...think about something that may be small that you can do for someone else...small to you, but huge to them. Like...run around the house with your children, color with them on the sidewalk with chalk, take out the trash for your husband, get your neighbor her weekly paper, and anything else you can think of for the people you love and care about.

Let's be sistas who show their love...He has shown His to us...Blessed be His name!

Love you ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment