Saturday, June 20, 2009

BM ~ The ROAR

The ROAR was loud and sweet to my soul.

I blogged about the worship the other day and mentioned "the ROAR" that the women made during our worship times...ROAR they did!

I have always been a Titanic fan...weird word choice I know but my other options are maniac and nut!!! SO...I am going with fan. I was intrigued with what happened since I first learned that it was found in 1985--I was 13 at the time and in 9th grade.

I have many books on the subject and many of the different movies that have been made.

I love reading accounts from survivors what it was like for them and what their life was like after. I also love hearing about those who perished and what they were like--what can be found or shared about them before their death...it is a small way to honor their lives...small I know...but what can I do right now...maybe something later...my mind is always reeling with options and opinions about this. :o)

So...back to the ROAR...I read an account once about a survivor who went to her first football game after the sinking and the cheer from the crowd was so hard for her to bear that she had to cover her ears and leave. She said that it sounded like the cries from those in the water needing rescued.

The cheer, cries and ROAR are crazy to me. CRAZY!! To think all those souls were crying out for rescue their voices being a loud chorus and then to experience worship of about 6,000 women crying out to the Lord for rescue, help, and to admire Him.

Soo many of the women there were facing deep sorrow and pains of their own...I read on Beth's blog that some of the women there were in the midst of mourning a loved one. Many women stood up at one point on behalf of a loved one facing a terminal illness like cancer...seeking God for healing or rescue from their disease.

He is our life boat...He is our life and the length of our days.

Deuteronomy 30:19- 20 (NKJV) I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the LORD your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them."

If you have not yet chosen life...choose life ~ love the LORD your God ~ obey His voice ~ cling to Him ~ and He will be your life and the length of your days.

If you have chosen Him then Praise Him today, beloved, that you are His ~ that He loves you ~ that He is your rescuer...Oh, how He loves you...Oh, how He loves me...Oh, how He loves you and me!

Much love to you ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment