Tuesday, June 16, 2009

BM ~ The Sistas!

OK...where to begin...It was way more blessed than I expected!!

I was going with the whole intention of getting strength from Jesus...adoring Him with some sistas...and being encouraged. What I got was sooo much more.

Today I am going to focus on the sistas part.

My home church is very big...but so homey and small feeling. We have 3 services...1 on Saturday night and 2 Sunday morning. My family attends Saturday night ~ so we can attend as a family, because my husband works there as the IT Director and needs to work on Sundays since hardly anyone is there and he can shut things down and "stuff I don't understand" while everyone is away so they can come in during the week and work efficiently!

With that said...I don't get to see everyone that I know and love. Soo...to my joy and delight I got to see so many sweet sistas at the event!!! It was so much fun bumping (literally) into them...or yelling across the bathroom..."yippee, MN is in the house" and then having a few more girls pop out there heads and say, "hi, I thought that was your voice"...I can be so quiet can you tell!!! :o)

To all the sistas at the event...I am so glad to have you as friends...what a time of encouragement we received from the Lord. It was so sweet to me to be able to run into you at the event and sat hi...it really was a joy and a delight...those are the only words I can think of to describe it!

To my sistas who could not make it...I am so sorry for not being able to see you there...but you were where you needed to be and that is good too!!

To all the NEW sistas I made at the event...hello!!! I can't wait to get to know you better. All the clan with SK...WHOO HOO!! All the gals from OHIO...thanks for hanging in the Burgh!! The older lady who spoke sweetness to me...dude you melted my heart! All the ones around us who I had to apologize ahead of time that I will be praising Him...loudly!!! Hello and I hope your ears are healed by now. (more on this when I talk about the WORSHIP.)

It was truly amazing to be in a room filled with girls, ladies, women ~ sistas who love THE KING!!! I have so many memories swirling around in my head...like calling LJ, AS, AK to see where you were sitting and yelling & waving hi!! Looking up to see JL ~ the tall gorgeous daughter of the Most High God coming down the steps and scaring her by saying hi...and scaring KC by saying hi to her and Diana and Diane from Ohio...gee...I scared a few friends...I am so sorry for that...but your faces were priceless when you realized it was me and we hugged! Thanks for forgiving me!!

It was so good to bump into AS, RH, HK, BE, CP, BA, JR, KR, VR, and on and on and on and on...so I am going to stop before this is 10 pages long!!

Thank you AW, KR, BF, SV for taking me and all that encompassed!

I love you ladies and thank Jesus that I get to walk this life journey with you and then spend eternity together praising!!

Enjoy your day ~ He loves you sooo much!
Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment