Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Storm

A snow storm is coming today and the weather guy said something like, “we may not get much from the storm, but it is like getting grazed from Mike Tyson. It may not be direct, but it’s still gonna hurt.”

I thought that was funny.

I don’t look at storms as being horrible…they are kind of like God giving us a break. A lot of things close down and we are forced to stay indoors. Family time!! I may need to get things done, but I can’t…so I will enjoy the down time.

This is what I started to write yesterday…and then the clock clicked and it was time to leave to go to my bible study. Right after bible study I went to the store to pick up a few essentials for the storm we were to get and then went home and did “home stuff”.

Sorry that I wasn’t able to come back on yesterday.

Well, we did get snow…they said that we averaged 19 inches in Allegheny County. Allegheny County was declared a “State of Emergency”. Allegheny County was asked to conserve water, because the water company lost 2 “sources” of power and they wanted to make sure they had enough for basic living and if there would be any fires. Then we - Allegheny County - were told that we may get 1-5 more inches. Then, the whole State of PA was declared a "State of Emergency". Everyone was asked to stay home so that Emergency personal could freely get to where they needed to go and so that the road crews could do their clearing work. This is what I got from watching the news in bits and pieces from 8 AM to Noon.

Around my property we have from 21 to 25 inches of snow…the variance is because of drifting snow.


I think we got hit not grazed by Mr. Tyson…but praise God we did not loose our electricity and we are all safe. I do love that we are forced to stay home.

Very interesting morning of news ~ it was fun to watch from the warmth and safety of home ~ I hope you and your loved ones are safe and warm as well.

We will be staying in and doing things around the house. I am thankful for this day from Him. I am thankful for His provision and protection today. I am thankful for His forgiveness ~ I think of this every time I look out my window:

Isaiah 1:18 (NKJV) “ Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, “ Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.

I am thankful to be His daughter!

I love you sistas ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment