Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blood Cleanses

Good morning sistas I hope you are having a very blessed Sunday morning.

Yesterday, I wrote that every time I looked at the snow I thought of this scripture:

Isaiah 1:18 (NKJV) “ Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, “ Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.

Here are some definitions for your thought ~ taken from the Merriam Webster’s online dictionary:

• Crimson ~ any of several deep purplish reds
• Scarlet ~ any of various bright reds
• White ~ free from color

Yours and my sins could be as deep or as bright red as can be and the blood of Jesus cleanses them all whiter than snow. This reasoning is taken from the above scripture and these two: 1 John 1:7 ~ shares that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. And Psalm 51:7 ~ here David shares wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.

Our God is amazing. Not only are we forgiven, but, we are made clean, washed, in essence we are given a clean slate or canvas. We can sin in thought, word, and deed and He cleanses us from them all. ALL.

What really gets me today is that they are not just cleansed and made white ~ we can sparkle afterwards. Snow is not just white, it sparkles in the sunshine. We are given beauty for ashes.

What a great and loving Daddy we have!!

I hope you enjoy this day sweet sistas of mine ~ much love to you ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment