Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Free your mind

Good morning!

I hope you slept well last night. I did.

I have a line from a song on my mind and I can’t get it out of my head. “Free your mind and the rest will follow.” I am so sorry to all my sistas out there…but I don’t know the whole song…I looked up the lyrics and never really knew it was about prejudice. WOW…do I live under a rock???

Anyway, whether you know the song word for word or only know this one line like me…you can still see that this line is a powerful line. Before I get into it…this is a tiny part of our new lesson on February 16 ~ That’s What He Said! “I know the thoughts I think towards you,” says the Lord, “do you?”

This line from the song is so true biblically…let me give you some food for thought.

The line is: “Free your mind and the rest will follow.” And 2 scriptures for you to ponder are:

2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Ephesians 5:26 (NKJV) that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

So what is going on in your mind? What are you thinking about with these 2 scriptures and this song lyric? How can they come together to be truth you can apply to your live that the Word of God mixed with faith would be effective in you?

If you want to know my thoughts on these…come to the Live Lesson on February 16, 2010 (details on http://www.namesakeministries.com/ in the upcoming events section)

O…how mean of me to make you wait…really I am not trying to be mean…rather…make you more curious as to where this lesson will go…don’t you wanna come and find out now?

Love you sistas…enjoy your new day!! Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment