Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Time Is Here ~ Day 1

December 1
Can you believe it? Christmas time is really here! Are you excited? Are you looking forward to all the great times with family and friends? Are you excited to eat all the special holiday foods ~ foods your mom would never make in April or May? Are you excited to bring out all the decorations and deck your halls? Yippee…now is the time for special family traditions! Are you anticipating a season of joy? Is Christmas like a great vacation at home? A time to watch special, fun, and timeless movies with the family…ones I am only allowed to start watching Thanksgiving Day ~ anyone else with me on this one!!??!! Don’t you just love the hustle and bustle out in the streets and stores? People everywhere are a little nicer ~ a little more patient ~ a little more generous.


Are you thinking that anyone with this attitude might be off her rocker? Be honest.

Are you crazy and off your rocker too? Or are you waiting for all the holiday hustle and bustle to be over and done with already? Have you had quite a year and are now just waiting for a new one to start ~ hoping it will be better than this past year?

I am hoping that the time you spend in this BLOG ~ with a good cup of coffee & time in God’s Word and in His presence ~ will change your hearts and minds. Think about this scripture, girls ~ you can insert “daughter” for “son”. Remember the scriptures themselves are the words “to listen closely to”. And then below it is my prayer for each of you.

Proverbs 4:20-23 (NIV) My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

Father, I ask in Jesus’ name that You come and bless on these dear women. Help them to have an amazing Christmas ~ the whole season long. May this year be a time of fresh revelation of You and Your ways. I pray that Your love abounds in their hearts and they are changed to be more like You. I ask that you open the eyes of their understanding that they would see wondrous things from Your Word. I thank You that You love them and will for them a future and a hope. Be glorified in them in Jesus’ name. Amen.


Merry Christmas ~ Laurie Kay

2 comments:

  1. Laurie,

    I just read this today, a little behind. But I did a talk to college students on sex and relationships for work, last night. I used this scripture. My mom used to tell me to guard my heart all the time growing up. It drove me crazy but man she was right and it's in the Bible. So I passes the wisdom onto a Christian college group last night, at 10pm!
    Thanks,
    Amy Beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on Amy!!! Keep sharing His Word. Just like with you it does not return back void ~ those girls might not have wanted to hear it ~ but who knows how the Lord is going to use that Word for their good and His glory! Let me know when you are speaking like that so I can support you in prayer ~ love that you are reaching out to the younger sisters!! Blessings to you sister ~ Laurie Kay

    ReplyDelete