Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Time Is Here ~ Day 2

December 2Psalm 119:25 (NKJV) My soul clings to the dust; revive me according to Your word.
Psalm 119:37 (NKJV) Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way.
Psalm 119:40 (NKJV) Behold, I long for Your precepts; revive me in Your righteousness.
Psalm 119:88 (NKJV) Revive me according to Your lovingkindness, So that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth.
Psalm 143:11 (NKJV) Revive me, O LORD, for Your name’s sake! For Your righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.

My prayer for you for this Christmas Season is that you have a time of blessing and revival ~ not just survival. So many of us have our plates full during the holidays with places to go, people to see and money to spend! There are many more of us who are dealing with a rough past year ~ a year when hopes and dreams were shattered ~ a year when a loved one passed on.

Life can be so busy, painful and lonely. I have had a few Christmas Seasons where I wanted to retreat under my blankets and not emerge till January 2nd! During those times I cried out those scriptures to the Lord daily…and let me tell you, sweet sistas…He was faithful each time to come to my rescue.
What does the word revival mean? I found many definitions from various resources (dictionaries and concordances) and here’s what I found ~ in my own words ~ to come back to life in your heart and mind from heartache, devastation, depression and wrong thinking ~ stop walking in death and walk in life.
Be with Him. Look for Him in your everyday life. Seek Him for help and wisdom for every day. Thank Him for His loving-kindness and faithfulness. He wants you brought back to life in Him. He is the way, the truth and the life.

Pray to our Daddy with me...Dear Father, I thank you so much that You love me. Please come to my aid this Christmas Season and revive me. Revive me, O God, according to Your word …revive me in Your way…revive me in Your righteousness…revive me according to Your loving-kindness…all for Your name’s sake. Help me to live like You and be glorified in my life, O God. Amen


Merry Christmas ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment