Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Time Is Here ~ Day 5

December 5
Yesterday we talked about preparing for Christmas and doing our best to not be stressed. Today I want to talk about a different kind of preparing. Check these scriptures out:

Revelation 21:4, 18-21, 23 (NIV) He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”, The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. 19The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass., The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.
John 14:1-3 (NKJV) “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Look at these preparations which God Himself has made ~ He is so good to us! We can spend a lot of time trimming our trees and decking our halls, but the beauty they reveal when done are nothing in comparison to the beauty that awaits us in heaven.


We are blessed to see God’s creative handiwork all around us on a daily basis. Our world has been made very wonderfully. It is October as I am writing this and the colors outside are breathtaking. I love living in Pennsylvania and being able to enjoy this scenery year after year. Each year my appreciation of it grows ~ it deepens and I see new wonders in the same places. The other day a tree beckoned me to come and sit a spell. I could not because it was in a complete stranger’s yard, but it called nonetheless! Its leaves were billowy and bright. The yellow, orange and green mix was just so, that it appeared to be perfectly shady and brilliantly bright all at the same time. I will look for the splendor again next year.

I will deck my halls this Christmas, because I think it is beautiful. I will enjoy decorating year after year knowing that, when I am blessed to celebrate Christmas in heaven, it will be far worth the yearly hassle of tangled lights and the not–quite attainable perfection that we seek in our decorating.

Deck your halls, put up a beautiful display and, in so doing, remember what a beautiful display awaits you in heaven. That is reason to rejoice and celebrate…our names are written in heaven and it is our blessed destination ~ our homeland.

Merry Christmas ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment