Saturday, October 3, 2009

torn

I BLOG today torn. Like some definitions of the verb tear, I feel divided or disrupted by the pull of contrary forces. And yet I feel as one. OK, to see it written down I look crazy!

I am weeping and I am rejoicing ~ at the same time.

I have had so much bad news this past week from friends and family. My heart breaks for them...they are living with grief from loss of lives, loss of health, loss of jobs and loss of relationships. I am weeping with them. I am praying for my Daddy to come down and lavish on them comfort, healing, peace, strength and love. I know He cares for them ~ even more than I do. I know He wills for them a future and a hope. I know He will work all things together for their good. I know He is an ever present help to them in this time of their trouble. I know He is faithful and true ~ and soo much more. I know He is their all in all and for all! I thank Him for these truths. I praise Him for who He is and who they are in Him. I still am weeping for them.

I BlOGGED a while back: B R O K E N {7/15/09} and said in there about weeping for the child as if he was my own. I have mourned with some friends as if it was me walking in their shoes. I was not doing this to be disrespectful of their loss...I just could not imagine going through what they are enduring and I just found myself thinking about it being me in their place. It drew me to pray for them constantly. I do not know everything that they have had to walk in this week...but they got a lot of prayers offered up to the Father from this sister.

I have had so many moments of intense laughter this week as well. So many side splitting laughs and joyous times. I have gotten a lot of good news this week too...people getting their prayers answered in a completely amazing way...better than what they even asked for and not exactly how they prayed for it to turn out. I am rejoicing with each one of them. I found myself thinking about them and praying for them throughout the days as well.

BOOM!! And then within a second I find myself tearing up and crying again...praying for the others. Yes, I do feel crazy at times, but I am so thankful to be alive. I am thankful to have relationships with people. I love knowing them and being known by them...doing life together and learning together.

I shall always be torn. I have learned this lesson all too well this week. To live is to be torn and we shall be made whole in Heaven. All will be made right. Now, this is not a "new" lesson for me...I always knew that life is not a "walk in the park" and that in Heaven all is well. It was the living in the intense extremes all at once that made these truths more real to me. I never had so many of both at the same time before.

I am so thankful for the life God has granted me to have here on earth and I am so thankful that I will live with Him forever in heaven. I thank Him for my family and my friends. I even thank Him for their quirks...for by them ~ quirks and all ~ I shall be changed into the person Jesus wants me to be.

Read this Scripture out loud and relish His love and faithfulness!!

Revelation 21:3-5 (Amplified Bible) Then I heard a mighty voice from the throne and I perceived its distinct words, saying, See! The abode of God is with men, and He will live (encamp, tent) among them; and they shall be His people, and God shall personally be with them and be their God. God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither shall there be anguish (sorrow and mourning) nor grief nor pain any more, for the old conditions and the former order of things have passed away. And He Who is seated on the throne said, See! I make all things new. Also He said, Record this, for these sayings are faithful (accurate, incorruptible, and trustworthy) and true (genuine).

He loves you so much sisters & so do I ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment