Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Benefits you have in Christ Jesus

Psalm 103:1-5 (Amplified Version)
BLESS (AFFECTIONATELY, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name! Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits-- Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases, Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption, Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy; Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]!

{Please read it again...but out loud this time}

This scripture has been rolling around in my brain for a few days and I thought I would share it with you sweet sistas!!
  • bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, oh my soul...in times of sadness, sorrow, grief, blessing and joy...at all times I should be gratefully and affectionately praising the Lord.
  • forget not [one of] all His benefits...when seeking a new job, one asks what is the pay, vacation time and other benefits of working there. What are the benefits that you have in Christ Jesus?
  1. The Lord forgives [every one of] all your iniquities
  2. The Lord heals [each one of] all your diseases
  3. The Lord redeems your life from the pit and corruption
  4. The Lord beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy
  5. The Lord satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good
  6. The Lord does all this so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]!

He is amazing!!

I am so grateful to be saved today. I am so grateful to know the truth. I am so grateful today to be a Daughter of the Most High God!

Spend some extra time today thinking over each one of those listed benefits and then affectionately and gratefully praise your God!

He loves you so much sistas...and so do I ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment