Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Look Over!

Hello girls!!

When was the last time you were called a girl?

I am feeling a bit girlish today!

It is so exciting dressing my youngest daughter...she is petite and has been given some adorable outfits from a girlfriend. (Thanks JH) When she was done getting dressed this morning, she went over to the full-length mirror and looked herself over with such a huge smile. She liked what she saw! Mind you, she wasn't just looking at her outfit. She looked over her hair, her face...and her shoes!

The only thing she was missing, I thought, was her Tiara...and the ensemble would be complete! :o) Too adorable!

What I loved the most about that moment was that she didn't look for her faults...she admired what she saw.

I may not enjoy the mirror...I may not always admire my reflection...but I love who I am in Christ Jesus. SO...I choose to do the Look Over...I will look to see if the outfit is good and then look over and see the reflection of a girl dearly loved by the Maker of heaven and earth ~ Her Daddy!

1 Peter 2:9,10 (NKJV)
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Girls, we are His own special people. If you looked in the mirror today and all that you found were your faults, then please go to the mirror and look yourself over again...you are His...you are special to Him! YOU!

Thank you God for loving us!

Enjoy your day girls ~

Laurie Kay

1 comment:

  1. Love all the updates, Friend. I thought the first seminar was this past Saturday?!? I will keep praying and can't wait to hear all about it.

    L

    ReplyDelete