Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lead me to the rock

Good morning!

I awoke with this scripture rolling around in my brain...crazy isn't it. It didn't "come to me" it has been there lingering for a while. It is like when you have a song on your mind that you can't get rid of.

Psalm 61:2 (NKJV) From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

"There is so much to do...such little time" ~ a heart is overwhelmed.
"There is not enough hours in the day" ~ a heart is overwhelmed.
"Who am I that I should be doing this" ~ a heart is overwhelmed.
"Everyone will know exactly what happened" ~ a heart is overwhelmed.

This has been my heart.

Last night, I welcomed home my man from a long day with big hug & "I love you". And then I was hit with..."Oh my gravy!! It is going to be out there for the world to see...God are you sure that is what I was supposed to do?"

Now, you may be thinking, "What you aren't supposed to greet your husband that way?"

What I meant by that statement is...I had finished the workbook ~ Miss Carrying You ~ and I was hit with that thought because of my journey chapter.

I had 2 miscarriages and they were difficult...for me they were downright brutal ~ physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I felt God wanted me to write it down the way it happened...and I did.

But it has been hard for me. It has been hard on me...mentally. I know God wants me to have it written that way...and it shall stay that way. It has been hard on me because it may be hard for some people to read...it is what I call "bare naked honest".

Every one's experiences are different. Mine may be more than what you have had to endure, and yet, I know of women who have gone through worse still.

I feel His reason for the "why" is ~ for all the girlfriends going through this same suffering of child-loss.

For you sisters to know that you are not alone in what/how you are suffering.

And there will be a time when you can breathe again...you can be healed and restored.

God wants this for you, dear sisters.

Obedience is not always easy. It can hurt. I lay down my overwhelmed heart at the foot of the cross...I know it is His will and I fully yield...I know that He will work it all out for good...I know He will help women to read it and understand that it is not meant to offend...rather help...He will perfect that which concerns me.

You may not be going through this exact suffering...but are you overwhelmed in/by anything else?

Stay in His will for your life...be obedient...it may hurt, but only for a short time.

Obedience is where true blessing abides.

I pray that you have a very blessed day ladies.

Jesus loves YOU so much!

Laurie Kay

PS ~ Here is the rest of that Psalm...

Psalm 61 ~ All (NKJV) Hear my cry, O God;Attend to my prayer. 2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 3 For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. 4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah 5 For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name. 6 You will prolong the king’s life, His years as many generations. 7 He shall abide before God forever. Oh, prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him! 8 So I will sing praise to Your name forever, That I may daily perform my vows.

No comments:

Post a Comment