Friday, April 10, 2009

Be still and not rushed

The other day I was waiting for a friend on her front porch. I was 20 min. early and so I just stood there checking everything out around me. It was so beautiful ~ the weather was warm, the sky was blue, and new growth was popping up out of the ground.

It was nice to just be still and not rushed. I was able to take in the beauty of the day and the hustle and bustle of life around me. There were cars going up and down the street, people out walking to where ever they needed to go, and dogs running and barking in their yards.

The church behind her house chimed at noon and then the great Hymn How Great Thou Art started to play.

And then, just as the Hymn got to the second time of...Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee...the wind swirled and her wind chimes chimed right in on that part...as if they were a part of some great orchestra playing their best for the Master!

My heart was pounding for joy!

It was an amazing moment. Her chimes were silent until that part...it was so special to see and hear. I just lifted my hands to heaven and joined in!

Here is one line from that Hymn to ponder on this Easter weekend...

And when I think that God, His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin:
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee:
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

Be still and not rushed ~ watch for what the Lord wants to show you.

I pray you each have a very blessed Easter.

Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment