Tuesday, August 31, 2010

school is back in session!

Back to school came up out of nowhere and bit me on the seat meat!

I have been enjoying my lazy days of summer ~ even the ones that were "growth" difficult. On the personal side ~ I went to the pool with the children. We hit some movies for free movie days. The children did their various camps. I did laundry every day, cooked, cleaned, and played. We enjoyed the Car Cruise. We watched movies, did cookouts, and had friends over. We enjoyed summer.

On the Ministry side ~ I walked with way too many women through their infant losses this summer. That is never easy ~ I am blessed to love on them through it. I love seeing them smile, heal, and breathe again. I walked with many dear sistas through their pregnancy after loss. Wrote a little. I helped some women organize their homes. {I LOVE this...yes, I am crazy and I know it...O, but to organize ~ mmmm it's like butter when you are done! Smooth n creamy ~ things are easy to find and a certain level of stress is diminished!} O, Um...back on task here...I walked with a few women through their marital "griefs". And on and on the list could go. {Wait a minute, I thought I took the summer off to write??? All I really did was not teach "formally" this summer...but still did Ministry...hmmm what does that mean??? Anyway...}

BAM ~ summer is done and school has started!

I kid you not ~ I was not ready. I bought supplies, clothes, and did haircuts 2 days before school started. This is not "the norm" for me. I feel like I have been playing catch up and today is only Day 4 of school!! There is still sooo much to do. School is back ~ time to regroup and focus. This is a completely different year than any other year that I have ever had ~ I have a 10th grader who is in Band(s) and Boy Scouts; I have a 4th grader who is a Violin player and Cheerleader; I have a Kindergarten kid; and a Preschooler ~ my life has changed drastically in the past few days. Time to get the new schedule down for life to be more organized and rest-full.

OK...I will leave you all and get back to work...I hope you are having a blessed and resting fully in God kind of day. Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment