Monday, August 9, 2010

"Not Christian enough" & "Too Christian" at the SaMe time????

How can this be???? OR like I always say...maybe I am just CRaZy???

Psssst ~ I don't think that I am CRaZy this time. *please humor me*

So ~ the last BLOG, I mentioned our title for today as one of the things that has been said to me this past summer and I thought I would go deeper here today.

I was told by someone that I am not Christian enough and then by another person that I was too Christian ~ both said to me by Christians. Now, I can understand someone saying that I am not Christian enough ~ but too Christian ~ that simply can't happen.

I love God very much ~ I take Him and His Word very seriously. I also, live life to the fullest ~ after all, this is my Father's world and He has given me all things to freely enjoy! (1 Timothy 6:17)

I aim to live my life full of faith and trust in Him. I aim to obey His written Word. Yes, I am a human and make mistakes ~ daily & a lot. {ask my hubby ~ he forgives me 70x7 daily ~ love u baby}

These comments didn't rock my world and make me crazy -er. But they did make me stop and do an overview of my life. Here are the questions I had to ask myself and seek out the truth of:
*Where can someone say that I am not Christian enough?
    *Does Jesus say this in His Word?
    *Is this something that is a hindrance for the Gospel's sake?
*Where can someone say that I am too Christian?
    *Does Jesus say this in His Word?
    *Is this something that is a hindrance for the Gospel's sake?

I felt God impress on me through this process that as I live out the rest of my life, there will always be need for improvement. {yes, I already knew that ~ but, He said that in a very freeing way ~ not in a "duh, you should know better" ~ there will be more about this another day

Also, to take heed. Some people are all about judging ~ and this is done under a mask of scripture to make them seem spiritually minded. So for me, I need to take what they say and instantly go to Him to see if He is indeed saying that to me ~ no matter who it is that makes the comment.

And as for the "too Christian" it's like this ~ there are people who don't want to ~ don't know better ~ don't fully understand that we need to be daily living like Jesus ~ not living like freaks, but living wisely just like Jesus did ~ living a life of compassion; living a life of service; entertaining grace-full thoughts for one's own good; maintaining grace-full deeds because that is right; not living to seek one's own fulfillment; etc.

A scripture to ponder for today:
8 For he who sows to his own flesh (lower nature, sensuality) will from the flesh reap decay and ruin and destruction, but he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9 And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint. 10 So then, as occasion and opportunity open up to us, let us do good [morally] to all people [not only being useful or profitable to them, but also doing what is for their spiritual good and advantage]. Be mindful to be a blessing, especially to those of the household of faith [those who belong to God's family with you, the believers]. Galatians 6:8-10 (AMP)

Think this section of scripture over and join me in making our aim to be obedient to Him. May He be seen in and through us ~ for His name's sake.
 
Love you fellow sistas!!!
Laurie Kay
 

No comments:

Post a Comment