Friday, August 6, 2010

Misfit OR Miss Fit

Do you know the song from Rudolph ~ "We're a couple of misfits"? This particular line has been rolling around in my head all summer long.

Why am I such a misfit?
I am not just a nit wit!
They can't fire me.
I QUIT!
Why don't I fit in?

Let me back track for a spell here. When I was about 3 or 4 years old, my big old Italian family got together at my grandmother's house for our Christmas celebration. All my aunts, uncles, and cousins were there. We had a grand & loud time celebrating!! Someone had this great idea to take family photos. Since there were 4 sisters and 4 brothers that means there would be a lot of pics.

So bring it on!

Everyone and their children sitting down in their nice Christmas outfits & smiling big for the camera. Aunt Janet and her crew ~ boom bada bing ~ next family; Uncle Joey and his crew ~ boom bada bing ~ next family; Uncle Butch and his family ~ boom bada bing ~ next family: mine ~ and on we go getting all the families done.

Well, the photos are all developed ~ because this is back in the day when you had to wait until the film gets developed before you get to see the actual pictures. Boom bada bing ~ there I am in every one of the "individual family" pictures!!!

Where did I fit in??? Many times as a child I thought I was adopted ~ this must be what I was thinking that Christmas. CRaZy ~ I know!!

So many more times in my life I have felt that I didn't fit in where I was ~ too many times to recount here.

This summer ~ WOW ~ I have been told that I am too Christian by some Christian friends and not Christian enough by some others ~ where do I fit in???

When I have gone to God in prayer over these and other comments ending with my question of "where do I fit in?" ~ the word that has been impressed upon my heart this summer has been, "My little Miss, you fit in right here."

Where?? Right here:
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Isaiah 49:16 (NIV)
He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. Psalm 91:4 (NKJV)

I am His Miss and I fit in just right with Him.

You do too ~ no matter who you are!!

I hope you have a very blessed day ~ you misfit ~ I mean Miss Fit!!!
Laurie Kay

1 comment:

  1. loved it Laurie Kay! By the way-maybe you always thought you were adopted, because you were always with my family!!!! aww...you were such a cute kid!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete