Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A growing season

Did you ever try to do something and it feels like everything is getting in your way of getting it done? Things popping up to do and you want to do them...they are good and even beneficial...sometimes they are needed.

Oh my stars...that is my day. I am trying to get a lesson done and everything it seems is popping up needing to be done. They have come up so subtly. One is grocery shopping for pity's sake.

I need to get this lesson done...home life needs to be done. Sistas...I am going through a season of growth...adjusting my life for what God has me to be doing...mom & ministry. Today is not a solitary day...I've had many this summer.

Too many of my friends...answer simply...you should not be doing ministry till your kids are in school full time. That's not what Daddy told me to be doing. I do not fully understand the why's and how's about knowing this to be so...I just know...to juggle now is necessary.

I have spent this relaxing and refreshing summer hashing out everything I am doing.
  • The hashing: Why do I do this a certain way? What would happen if this task was done differently? Why do you do this task on this day at this particular time? How do other women do this particular task? Why does it take me longer to do this than so n so? What am I doing wrong? What am I doing well? Why is this task easier to get done and not that one? How is my attitude about this particular task? Oh...the hashing goes on and on.
  • The everything: Writing; teaching; connecting with people by email, facebook, regular mail, and phone; meal planning ~ preparing, shopping,and storing; laundry; all rooms in the house ~ their layout; all the home improvement projects; storage of all things for the house and the people inside; time with my man; time with my children; devotions with God! Yes, I meant everything!

This has been quite a growing season. The pruning, sucker growth and weed pulling have been so painful at times...but I am so thankful to God for it! I am His child and I love that He is my Daddy and so I am thankful for His correction when I need it...just between us...I need it everyday...all day!

Read this scripture slowly...and praise Him!

Hebrews 12:5-11 (NKJV) And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: “ My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.” 7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

I pray you all have a great day as daughters of the Most High God! You are dearly loved by Him ~ and I love you too!
Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment