Wednesday, July 15, 2009

B r o k e n

Today, I bawled like a baby over news I found out ~ about a child dying from cancer. I used so many tissues. It was crazy...as if it was my child. My heart feels like it is broken up a bit.

I ask you, why did that happen to me???? The sting is just now leaving my eyes. Yes, you can excuse it as hormones. Yes, you can say it is because I am a mom who has experienced the loss of a child. Yes, you can say I am just too sentimental & emotional.

BUT...is it really any of those???

This child died 2 years ago ~ days before I was hospitalized and ready to go through a tough time with the birth of my Lauren. This little boy died before my heart was broken ~ yet again.

There have been many times over my 21 years of walking with Jesus where I have been heartbroken. B R O K E N. With each time something has grown out of that pain...a desire to do something about it and then act on it, minister to others in that particular situation, and sometimes I just grow and strive to be a better person ~ whether as a mom, wife or friend.

One example that I touched on above is with Lauren. My water broke 2 months early and yet there was enough fluid in the sac to keep her inside for 2 more weeks. I had daily tests and lots of company ~ except for one day.

That day, no one could come in to visit me in the hospital ~ NO ONE. I was lonely. I wanted to talk with people I knew ~ face to face talk. I talked with the nurses briefly that day, but not like the other days...they were too busy. I cried...the bawl baby ~ lots of tissues cry like this morning. I was lonely just lying there on my hospital bed not allowed to get up and move. Then after lunch ~ His still small voice rang in my ears, "Some of these mothers in here are lonely daily."

Oh, then I cried even more!!!!!! You see, some of them lived out of state and were life flighted to Pittsburgh to get their care. They came alone leaving husbands and older children behind. One mom was there for 4 weeks prior to me and still needed to stay an extra 5 weeks for a better chance at good health for her baby. I got a glimpse of the pain and lonely existence of these moms and my heart was broken for them.

That afternoon, I wrote down everything that blessed me in the hospital. I purposed to do something for those moms when I could...it is now getting closer to becoming a reality. Namesake Ministries will be pouring into these kinds of moms. {Details will come when all is official...but not sure when that realistically can be.}

I was broken that day in the hospital and moved to action. I am now filled with a curiosity about what this morning's brokenness will bring. What will come from all of this? Why did I feel compelled to share? I hope to inspire you to act out of your broken times for His name's sake. He will lead us through the pain and we will be stronger to fulfill our destiny's.

Psalm 23 ~ ALL (AMP) THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake. Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over. Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.

Oh, how He loves you sistas...let's share that love! ~ Laurie Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment