Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Technology is my friend...maybe!

Technology is my friend...so the saying goes...but is it really?

I say...maybe!

I love the way I can go online and find things and do research faster. I love email, I can send out info to a mass amount of people all at the same time...totally groovy...don't you think?

I do not like how sensitive computers can be. Mine crashed at the most inopportune time...Tuesday April 28th. I didn't have my notes printed out to go over for the Seminar that was happening on May 2nd.

UGH!!

I had to rewrite it from memory and by hand...totally old-school! At first it was frustrating...and then I thought this will be a great way to make sure I can follow the timing and flow of things. It proved to be a great blessing in disguise. {I will write about the Seminar tomorrow...but, I wanted to let you know where I have been since the last post.}

My computer is not up to par yet...and so I am sharing my teenagers laptop...and I can't use it whenever I want as he uses it a lot for his homework.

This whole experience caused me to see how much I have come to rely on my little box...I missed using it...the speed in writing and the ability to read and understand what was written instead of some interesting chicken scratch! It really is a useful tool when it works.

I have had many emails from some dear sisters saying that I need to update the home and the events pages...and I will...I just can't access that right now on my son's laptop...please bear with me.

Have you ever had something crazy like this happen to you, that you thought it was so important and found it to be not working and then this experience be the best thing that could have happened? Please comment this post and share your story with us.

It is so good to be a child of God...I pray your day is blessed in Him, beloved!

Jesus Loves you ~ Laurie Kay

Romans 8:28 (AMP) We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment